Development: The Return of Falling Block Game
After nearly eight years, I have finally gotten around to reviving Falling Block Game development. In the short term, my plan is to completely re-write the game to use the Radius Engine and add the following features (which address shortcomings in v0.9 and all previous versions):
- Customizable controls
- High scores lists
- Sound effects
- Gameplay tweaks (e.g. "standard" timing and piece movement)
- Integrated menus (instead of a separate launcher)
- Fixes to support recent versions of Windows
This may sound like quite a bit of work, but most of the infrastructure is working already (as demonstrated by the recent beta release of Avoision) and I've actually re-written most of the game logic already.
Stay tuned for more news on version 2 of Falling Block Game!
- Permanent Link
- Topic: Development
- Previous Article: FBG v0.9 Source Code Fixed
- Next Article: FBG 2 v0.1 Released